WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
We collect a small amount of personal information from you when you view our websites, purchase or use our products, or interact with us in other ways. We do not use third-party advertising on any of our websites.
- Information you provide: When you make a purchase, you provide your contact information (including your email address, billing address, and optionally your phone number), which we use for billing purposes; to fulfill orders; to provide customer service; to comply with tax regulations and other laws; to contact you about your purchase (including notices of free updates, if applicable); and (if you’ve consented) to send you marketing messages about other products, services, or special offers. (Payment information you provide to one of our payment processors, such as pensopay, is not passed on to us; see “Who we share your data with,” below. We never see or record your credit card number. You may also provide information (including your name and email address) when you sign up for one of our mailing lists, leave a comment, respond to a survey, or fill out a contact form; we use this to send you the email you have requested. If you have provided your name, we may use that to personalize the email messages we send you.
If you use the contact form, we receive the name and email address you provide, the contents of your message, your IP address, and information about the browser and platform you used to submit the message.
If you sign up for our mailing list, you will receive the corresponding content by email. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by using the links at the bottom of each message.
If you made a purchase from Femern Belt Housing & Facilities, you may also have opted in to receive email messages. In some situations, a person can also ask to receive email from us without having made a purchase. In either case, you can modify your email preferences by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message you receive from us; by visiting your account page, logging in, and clicking your account name at the top of the page; or by contacting us using our contact form. You can opt to receive no email; only messages about free updates to products you purchased from us; or other marketing messages, which can include notices of free and paid updates, new titles, and special offers.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Some of the email messages we send out include tiny, invisible graphics, often known as web beacons. By loading these images, your email client tells us that you opened the message, enabling us to tell who reads our messages and clicks links in them. Most email clients have an option to disable the loading of remote images, and we suggest you enable that option (even though it will result in less data for us).
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on our sites may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website. Some of our sites also include social media buttons and links, which can send personal information to the sites in question if you click or tap them.
The Femern Belt Housing & Facilities website uses Google Analytics to collect data about our visitors.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
Aggregate, anonymized information about alt concepts web visitors and mailing lists (such as the total number of subscribers) may be reported publicly. In addition, some of your personal information may be visible to employees and contractors (including authors and editors), to the extent necessary to operate our business.
We share certain types of data with third-party processors because they provide essential services we cannot perform ourselves:
- Payments: Currently, most payments are processed by Pensopay (located in Denmark).
Otherwise, alt concepts does not rent, sell, or share your personal information with other people or companies, except if:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law;
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
- Purchased products: If you purchase a product from Femern Belt Housing & Facilities, we retain all data relating to that purchase (including what was purchased, when, and by whom) indefinitely so that you can download your product again (or in a different format) for as long as you like. You can ask us to delete records of your purchases from our server by sending us an email at email@example.com if you no longer want to have access to those products.
- Billing information: Our payment processors may retain records of your orders (including billing address and phone number, if you provided it) for up to 8 years, and that information therefore remains available to us even if we remove it from our own equipment. We do not store billing information on our own servers. Although we currently maintain historical billing information (including backups and other archives) going back as far as 2003, we plan to purge from our system all billing data older than what our payment processors store by the end of 2018; and thereafter, regularly delete such data, to the extent technically feasible, once it’s no longer available to us online.
- Comments: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
- Contact form submissions: We retain email you send us—whether via a contact form or otherwise—indefinitely.
- Logs and analytics: We retain server log files and other analytics data for approximately 14 months.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have made a purchase, left comments, or signed up for one of our mailing lists, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To request your personal data, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- A statement that you would like to receive your personal data
- Your full name, including any variants you may have used
- Any email address you may have supplied
We may ask for additional information as a security measure to confirm your identity.
We will make every effort to complete requests for data within a month. If, after reviewing your personal data, you want us to delete it from our servers, you must submit a second request, in the same manner. Deleting your data may require an additional month.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Our servers and offices are located in the UK and Denmark, and our email provider is located in Denmark, so your information may be transferred to, stored in, or processed in the UK or Denmark.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees and contractors who we believe reasonably need to use that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical and electronic safeguards in place to protect personal information about you against theft, tampering, and misuse (electronic or otherwise).
- In the event that we discover a security breach leading to unauthorized use of your data, we will notify affected users promptly, place a notice on the site(s), and later report what action we took in response to the breach.
Femern Belt Development may update this policy. We will notify subscribers about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to you by email or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, AND COMPLAINTS
If you have questions or other feedback, please contact us at:
Fonden Femern Belt Development
Vestre Kaj 50C
Phone +45 5467 6140